Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A few spoilers

It's been a while since my last post. a rough deadline at work, assassins' creed 3, and a painting kick have kept me from having much time to spend on blogging or even thinking about articles to write. It's also been a slow couple of months for Skorne, with no new releases, and very few spoilers about the upcoming book. To top it all off, my last big event for the year was a bit of a bust. I only won 2 games all weekend at clash for a cure, which was a pretty disappointing end to a year that was generally pretty good.

With the holidays coming up, it's likely that I won't be writing a whole lot. Schedules tend to be a little crazy this time of year, with work end of year deadlines, family visiting, etc. I'm hoping to get a few articles done just to keep from totally losing interest in writing my blog, which would be a shame considering how well I've done keeping it going so far.



This article is going to be fairly short. there are a few interesting tidbits that have shown up lately for my Skorne. If you're following the normal rumor mills and coverage from WMW, you've probably seen the rumors already. The biggest news for Skorne is the new Catapract unit that one of the PP developers was playing around with at WMW. I've never been a big fan of acurii (sp? I don't even know how to pronounce their name. whatever). Cetrati always seemed like a better idea than paying for low armor medium bases with harpoons. something was always missing from them that kept me from buying a box of them. but now... you take those same medium based 8 wound dudes and give them flamethrowers and I got really excited. from the spoiler pictures floating around, it looks like the unit is the same cost as our harpoon catapracts, with all the same stats except their guns. range 10, aoe 3, pow 12 and continuous fire. we finally get something that sets stuff on fire! I am so excited about this. I've always wanted to have something with fire for some reason. to top it all off, they have CRA, which is always amazing. I think these guys will unfortunately see the canonneer drop out of lists almost completely. for the same cost you get 6 aoes that cause fire. less POW, but CRA can take care of that. slightly less range and no boosting make them less effective per shot, but the volume of shots is a big deal.

There were a few other spoilers for non-skorne things that are kind of interesting. Archangel is fully spoiled. our local legion player is not impressed with it. it's really not very good from what I've seen of it so far. it's a pretty model but doesn't look all that tough. Hopefully the mammoth will be better.

Rask got spoiled, and that guy is going to be good. you don't see gators much, so I don't know how often he'll actually turn up, but I'm almost 100% sure that any and all gator players will use him for one of their lists in a tournament. he's amazing. put him in any other faction and he would be totally bonkers. He's like a crazy combination of Morghoul, Xerxis, eMadrak and eEiryss. With gators he's still great, and will be giving them a nice boost. I'm not going to talk much about him, I don't play gators and other people have done a good job of covering his stats and abilities.

In other news, it looks like we're getting a re-boxed immortals unit in January (according ot the release countdowns on Lost Hemisphere). I may finally pick some immortals up. they seem like a cool unit, I've just never had enough reason to go get them. I've been playing more with ancestral guardians and have been liking them, so maybe I'll add some immortals in for fun.

And finally we got a hint that Skorne will be seeing a new solo. No hints or anything on actual abilities, but we're getting something called a Mortitheurge Willbreaker in February. Right now all we have are random guesses on the Skorne forum. Mortitheurge is just what Skorne calls their magic users, so it doesn't narrow things down very much. If I recall correctly, even our soulwards use Mortitheurge. there are some people on the forums that have been saying they think it will be like the Mortitheurge in the IKRPG character sheets. I don't think that's very likely. that character seems to be there as a substitute for actual warlocks in the warmachine-only IKRPG. If the upcoming solo was anything like the character in IKRPG, it would be really good. It would probably function a lot like Jr in Cygnar, with a couple of spells that fit the faction (damage buff, speed buff) and could run a beast or two. if that's true I will be very excited. I've always wanted to have something like that. I just don't think it's likely.

That's everything from the rumors that have been going around lately. Not a lot happening right now for the Skorne, and even less coming out for Retribution.

In this slow period while we wait for the next release, I'm going to be putting out some more articles on existing models. I'm planning on doing a rundown of each of our casters in the near future, stretching in to the first few months of '13. I've started focusing a bit more on my Ret army, so there will be some articles on them along with some pictures of stuff as it gets painted.

If you have any suggestions on content you want to see, or specific models or tactics you want me to discuss, please let me know. I'm running a little low on topics that I really want to talk about, so any questions or topics would be awesome to get me writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment